No time to write a long post, so here are a few brief updates:
- EPIK is going to bat for us about the settlement allowance and hotel payment. The coordinator for our city said not to worry about it. It was completely up to the school to cover the bill, and he would take care of it on Monday. Hooray for EPIK!
- The field trip was a success. It was a surprisingly tough climb for 7th graders, but I enjoyed it. Pictures at the end of this post.
- The apartment is looking great. Erin and I did more cleaning today. Look for pictures later.
- The first week of teaching is over. Thank God. I think I can handle it, though. There will be a bit of a learning curve, but when a lesson works out, it’s surprisingly rewarding.
- We’re going hiking with another teacher and his girlfriend tomorrow. We met them briefly when we moved into the apartment. Don’t really know anything about them, but I’m looking forward to the hike.
Enjoy some hiking pictures: (The pictures of tree species are mostly for my parents.)